So, just off the top of my head, I thought I'd quickly note down 100 things I'm planning to do in 2017!
Some small, some silly, some mundane, some huge!
Whatever came to my mind.
Although this was just an idea yesterday to write something really quickly ... and then my laptop froze.
And I lost all 100.
I wrote them again ... another 40 minutes or so - and yes, they were different - I couldn't remember some great ones!
It froze again, saving half.
I took a break but this morning, wrote the last half again - and yes, they were different again.
The laptop froze.
I am NOTHING IF NOT DETERMINED (STUBBORN?) ... and I wrote it again.
It's changed already at least four times.
What was supposed to be a quick just-for-fun post became a two-day WRESTLE. But here are the 100 that survived the tech :)
Will be checking back in a few months to see which of these I've actually done ...
Anyway, here it is.
- Grow my hair
- Try a bikram yoga class
- Go to the dentist for a check up
- Brush the dog's teeth every day (even though he hates it)
- Actually listen to all the Audible books in my library
- Make a beautiful-as-I-can-make-it workbook for the Thai Diet Revolution
- Discover new music - ask for recommendations
- Write to my nephews and nieces at least twice each
- Write to M every month - a proper letter
- Volunteer somehow, do something for young carers
- Go horseriding
- Surf the sand dunes again in Cornwall this summer
- Go to Rome
- Visit Berlin
- Declutter the kitchen cupboards
- Book regular osteopathy sessions
- Make preserved lemons
- Look into getting a glamorous, luxe, white super-thick carpet for bedroom instead of wooden floor
- Repaint bedroom
- Hang all my pictures (finally!)
- Get a massage
- Care for my nails more - grow them + get regular manicures
- Make time for sketching and drawing
- Vist Kelvedon Bunker
- Go body-boarding in the sea
- Go to the cinema more often - see things I don't even know what they are
- Eat oysters in Whitstable
- Launch/create A Year of Living Beautifully + Eating Well book/group
- Make bath melts
- Go to France, to the Dordogne, with my sisters
- Make a really good jerk sauce
- Try an early night ha!
- Journal every morning, well the majority, rather than just half
- Get a Thai massage
- Hold the first Tiniest Thai Retreaty in Thailand
- Have a pedicure every month
- Lose 12 pounds
- WSET wine course
- Dennis Severs House in candlelight
- Have my first book published
- Try growing holy basil
- Start meditating - use Headspace (try again!)
- Improve my French - use Duolingo app
- Read French Vogue
- Wear 'best' clothes every day - life's a catwalk :)
- Get toned and fitter - have fun with it, try loads of classes at the gym
- Go to Brixton food market
- Change my brown leather sofa for a big squishy turquoise velvet one
- Have a weekend away on my own
- Declutter and clean the bathroom cupboards and shelves
- Find out where to get my favourite lemongrass candle (and get it!)
- Go to the doctor about the noise my knee makes
- Work through all my budgets and finances again and update
- Check in monthly on my finances and budgets
- Write out my BIG HUGE goals and check in monthly to review
- Volunteer at the local riding for the disabled riding stables
- Try intermittent fasting a few days a week
- Buy new skirt for M
- Work with a VA
- Walk 12k steps a day (up from 10k)
- Get scooter out and scoot home from work at least once a week
- Go out dancing (much more often)
- Develop and post a new recipe at least once every two weeks
- Learn to play the ukelele
- Do the 'create your own gin' day
- Change my name by deed poll, update banks, passport etc - to Redlaw
- Do the Yoga Anytime 30-day challenge
- Declutter bedside cabinets
- Digital switch-off one whole day a week during January - and see how it goes
- Each week make time to sit and read my recipe books without thinking I 'should' be doing something else
- Write Marrakech blog post
- Go back to Marrakech
- Be featured in mainstream magazines
- Get a magazine column (why not?!)
- Visit Kew Gardens
- Visit Chatsworth
- Go to the Gower again
- Learn to French plait my hair, or into two French plaits
- Re-film all the videos for the Thai Diet Revolution
- Find out how to make Dragon's Breath Curry
- Make boeuf bourguignon (it's been years since I last did!)
- Start my 'Tiniest Thai Talks To' series again
- Get my ear pierced at the top - which I've wanted to do since 17 and just never got round to
- Have my wave tattoo done
- Focus more - have evenings with a focus, not just flitting between things all the time - whether it's writing, reading, cooking, chatting, whatever - be focused and present
- Go to the doctor about that ridiculous horrible fungal toenail
- Replenish essential oils
- Go to Paris
- Accessorise more
- Buy bikini that fits
- Have 1,000 people join the Thai Diet Revolution
- Get a celebration pendant from Mildred Jones Fine Jewellery - I know exactly what I want - to celebrate those 1,000 peple
- Go to a Sunday service at St Paul's
- Have a monthly cleaner
- Also take a day off and completely spring clean
- Hold a Tiniest Thai cooking class at La Vista, Competa, Spain
- Make some chilli paste in oil
- Cook char sui pork more often than just at Chinese New Year
- Give a genuine compliment to a stranger every day
- Arrange dates to actually SEE all the people I say I'll meet up with 'soon'
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE ...